How Can a Knee Pain Specialist in the Woodlands, TX Area Help Me Alleviate Pain with Horizontal Therapy?
Chronic knee pain can significantly impair your quality of life, making simple actions such as walking more difficult. Since your knees are weight-bearing joints, they are under a lot of stress daily, making the treatment more challenging. Here, at Progressive Pain & Rehabilitation, we make sure people receive care for their knee pain in the Woodlands. There are several successful approaches to treating knee pain, including horizontal therapy. Our specialists located in The Woodlands, TX handle this type of therapy regularly.
Read on to discover how horizontal therapy works and how a knee pain specialist in the Woodlands, TX area can help you eliminate knee pain.
What Is Horizontal Therapy?
Horizontal therapy is an FDA-approved integrative treatment that may help people overcome pain. It uses bioelectrical and biomechanical effects to hijack the communication between cells and provide a therapeutic effect.
Horizontal therapy is performed via machines manufactured in Germany by Hako-Med, based on more than 40 years of research and development. The device emits electronically-effective signals that improve cell communication and promote healing without being invasive.
What Are the Benefits of Horizontal Therapy?
Horizontal therapy (HT) affects cell functioning and communication, leading to many health benefits, including:
- Pain relief – It’s effective for immediate temporary relief, which is why your health practitioner may recommend this over a pharmaceutical approach.
- Muscle rehabilitation – If a painful condition has prevented you from being active, HT can help strengthen your muscles. HT promotes protein synthesis and tissue regeneration.
- Maintenance therapy – HT can be an excellent alternative to traditional pain treatments and can continually improve a patient’s symptoms.
- More energy – HT stimulates adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production in our cells, and ATP is the most important molecule for our energy metabolism.
- Better mobility – HT improves range of motion and eases joint stiffness. Pair that with muscle rehabilitation effects, and you’ll get a significant mobility boost.
- Reduced oxidative stress – HT increases the activity of certain cell enzymes like superoxide dismutase and catalase, which play a vital role in removing dangerous free radicals and preventing cellular damage.
Who Can Benefit From Horizontal Therapy?
Horizontal therapy can help relieve pain and other symptoms in people with:
- Knee pain
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Foot pain
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Joint stiffness
- Post-operative pain
- Muscle spasms
- Poor circulation
- Hand and wrist pain
- Complex chronic pain
If you suffer from any of these conditions, you can discuss HT with your doctor and discover whether it is the right treatment approach for you. Our specialists located in The Woodlands, TX are here to help.
How Does Horizontal Therapy Help Knee Pain?
Horizontal therapy is effective in alleviating knee pain. Some patients experience immediate relief, while it takes several treatments for most to experience the benefits. In addition to pain relief, HT can improve your knee’s mobility and strengthen the surrounding muscles. That is important for longer-term pain relief and can help prevent future injuries. Make sure you see knee pain physical therapists in Woodlands, Texas to get more accurate assesment.
Knee Pain Specialist in Woodlands, TX
If you are looking for a knee pain specialist in the Woodlands, TX area, who offers horizontal therapy, Dr. Edward Nash from Progressive Pain and Rehabilitation is a perfect choice. Dr. Nash combines his extensive experience in treating knee pain treatment in the Woodlands with innovative approaches to provide the most benefits to his patients.
Click on this link to schedule an appointment with Dr. Nash, and discuss horizontal therapy for your knee pain.